Christchurch #1 2019
What you need to Know:
Dates: Tuesday 30th April - Tuesday 25th June
Venue: St Francis School
Time: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Tea and Coffees are provided.
Remember to Bring Your:
- Laptop - most important. iPads do not provide enough range for this course
- Headphones - we will be using these most days
- Blog - it will be very helpful to have your own professional blog set up BEFORE you arrive on Tuesday. Some of you already use one, so are good to go. If you need help with this PLEASE ask Mark during the week. We have a template and he could have you up and running in 10 minutes. NB: This is not your class or subject blog. It is YOUR professional space to share your learning.
Useful to have:
- Smartphone - we include those most sessions
- Tablets - we will notify you when we have a tablet session in advance
To give you a heads up:
This is a nine week course, designed to build (and increase) confidence and digital fluency in teachers in Manaiakalani and Outreach schools.
Participants range from classroom teachers to principals, primary to secondary, and more.
Prior experience in the digital world ranges from participants who have never owned a personal digital device through to people who could be teaching this course. Educator experience ranges from first year teachers to 40+ years of teaching!
The eclectic mix adds greatly to the richness of learning experiences.
The nine days cover a wide range of digital tools and apps and each day is a prerequisite to the next ie the course is designed to build knowledge progressively.